cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet not working with cube Mx 6.8.1

lavanya
Associate III

Hello All,

When I am configuring the ethernet for my F207 and  F7  nucleo board in its getting stucked into startup file. and through debugging when I am pressing F5 button for many times, then its getting out from startup file and my code starts working and getting pinged from my PC.

But when I am generating code from CubeMx 5.4.0 version for same configuration, its working fine. (checked ethernet pins according to schematic and corrected)

Here I Have attached ioc file(generated with of cube Mx 6.8 not working). Same configuration Have done  for cube Mx 5.4 and it is working.

but If I migrate Cube Mx 5.4.0 configuration to 6.8 it's working.

I am trying to generate ethernet stack form  cube Mx 6.8.

let me know any solution on this.

Regards

Lavanya.

@LCE   

@Piranha.    
6 REPLIES 6
JJhin.1
Senior

im also getting same issue. @Tesla DeLorean  & @Semer CHERNI 

LCE
Principal

Ethernet not working

Great problem description, not even mentioning which STM32 and / or board you are using.

At least tell us what you want to achieve, and try debugging to find out where it's failing.

CubeMX: I'm using that only for basic setup. Have you compared the ethernet HAL files? Does the older version also use the older HAL drivers?

im using f207 

lavanya
Associate III

@LCE  sorry for incomplete description.

Thank you for your response, 

When I am configuring the ethernet for my F207 and  F7  nucleo board in its getting stucked into startup file. and through debugging when I am pressing F5 button for many times, then its getting out from startup file and my code starts working and getting pinged from my PC.

But when I am generating code from CubeMx 5.4.0 version for same configuration, its working fine. (checked ethernet pins according to schematic and corrected)

Here I Have attached ioc file(generated with of cube Mx 6.8 not working). Same configuration Have done  for cube Mx 5.4 and it is working.

but If I migrate Cube Mx 5.4.0 configuration to 6.8 it's working.

I am trying to generate ethernet stack form  cube Mx 6.8.

let me know any solution on this.

Regards

Lavanya.

LCE
Principal

Sorry I can't help with a Cube issue.

CubeMX was made for the basic system setup, including the start-up file, clock settings, GPIO, and maybe initializing peripherals.
Nowadays everyone's clicking through Cube and expects a working solution.

Even worse: Cube updates using new HAL drivers - and everything that worked before is gone. And many people don't do any backups, it seems...

So, I have no idea if that Cube version change also uses the newer HAL drivers, which have been updated recently.
If yes, then you can't expect anything to work that you did before.

So here's what you can do:

- start from scratch with the new CubeMX

- keep the old and running version

- or even better: try to understand what's going on, go through the sources, do some debugging

In a system that I am responsible for, I would not leave any sources as black boxes to me.
I must know what and why and how the system is working.
Otherwise later on, it might all break down and I would have no idea why...

LCE
Principal

One more thing about Cube and HAL:

I still use some HAL functions, but only after I have checked what's going on there.

And from a certain point on when my design is through the basic setup stage and this is important!:

I don't use Cube anymore!

When I started using CubeMX I once had the problems that Cube had overwritten some sources which I forgot to put into these /* USER comments*/, another time Cube was using new HAL drivers with only a minor change, but things didn't work anymore.

So now, if I need to add another peripheral init and I am too lazy to do it from scratch with registers, I copy stuff from the examples, or I start a new Cube project and copy parts of the new sources into my existing design.