cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Configuration Tool doesn't open in STM32CubeIDE (Bug)

FAndr.5
Associate III

from one moment to another the "device configuration tool" stopped working, it no longer shows anything when opening the .ioc file, the strangest thing is that it stopped doing it on all my computers almost simultaneously, and without even having updated the IDE or something .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FAndr.5
Associate III

Confirmed, if the file contains pins (one or several) "locked" with no function assigned, the "Device Configuration Tool" cannot open it again, it hangs and shows only a blank window. I imagine it's a "Device Configuration Tool" bug, any solution? beyond not "locked" pins without function.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FAndr.5
Associate III

I think I know what is happening, in the project I marked several pins as "locked" but without an assigned function, after closing it the code was generated and when I wanted to open it again it no longer worked. Based on that idea, I edited the .ioc file by hand with a text editor and removed all the dead pins that were "locked", and now the file reopens in the "Device Configuration Tool" without problem.

FAndr.5
Associate III

Confirmed, if the file contains pins (one or several) "locked" with no function assigned, the "Device Configuration Tool" cannot open it again, it hangs and shows only a blank window. I imagine it's a "Device Configuration Tool" bug, any solution? beyond not "locked" pins without function.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @FAndr.5​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

The behavior you described is very interesting.

I tried to reproduce the issue It work fine for me. The test was done with the following set up:

• STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1
  • STM32CubeMx 6.6.1
  • STM32G491RETx

Could you please mention the tool version you are using and the MCU.

Also, could you lock some pins and check if the same behavior occurs again.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, Semer.

I test this in:

STM32ubeIDE Version: 1.9.0 (windows version) windows11.

don´t know how view a version of STM32CubeMx...

STM32F103C8T6R

but , I always find the bug with this secuence.

I'm going to update the IDE and check if the bug is still in the new version 1.10.1.

Semer , i update STM32CubeIDE to 1.10.1 and not verify the bug, now is ok and not crash