cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detection of repository version in an existing project

yuri CH
Senior

Hello!

I have created a project using cubemx a few years ago. i know which cubemx version i have used in this project but i cant seem to find out which cube repository version i have used. 

What is the way to find it? can i find the repository version somewhere in the code?

thanks in advance for your advice 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

... alternatively you can open the IOC with your preferred text editor and search for FirmwarePackage, which also contains this information.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Thought there were some defines in one of the top level includes. 

Dates can also narrow it down.

But yes generally more tedious than necessary as it's not in the headers of every file and not handled by their source management. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @yuri CH 

Once you open your ioc file, a window will pop up to indicate the version of MX used and the CubeFW version. Here is an example

FBelaid_0-1701347919629.png

I hope this helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

... alternatively you can open the IOC with your preferred text editor and search for FirmwarePackage, which also contains this information.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TDK
Guru

There are defines in stm32h7xx_hal.c that tell you the HAL version used. Can use this to correlate with package version.

/**
 * @brief STM32H7xx HAL Driver version number V1.11.0
   */
#define __STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION_MAIN   (0x01UL) /*!< [31:24] main version */
#define __STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION_SUB1   (0x0BUL) /*!< [23:16] sub1 version */
#define __STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION_SUB2   (0x00UL) /*!< [15:8]  sub2 version */
#define __STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION_RC     (0x00UL) /*!< [7:0]  release candidate */
#define __STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION         ((__STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION_MAIN << 24)\
                                        |(__STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION_SUB1 << 16)\
                                        |(__STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION_SUB2 << 8 )\
                                        |(__STM32H7xx_HAL_VERSION_RC))

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Ideally there might be a searchable database of RC5/SHA hashs so the source, history and provenance of any file furnished by ST in these packages could be quickly and readily be established.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..