cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating STM32F429ZITx - Nucleo-F429ZI with ETH + LwIP using STM32CubeMX Version 6.7.0

Stian.Skjelstad
Associate

I found some minor issues when generating a new skeleton project for STM32F429ZITx - Nucleo-F429ZI + LwIP

1: If you enable multicast + IPv6 protocol:

heth.Instance->MACPFR |= ETH_MACPFR_PM;

instead of

heth.Instance->MACFFR |= ETH_MACFFR_PM; /* notice the double F inside MACFFR */

2: The entire interface is taken up/down together with linkup/linkdown. In LwIP 2.x this is wrong. The interface should always be up, else DHCP will assert during init and never recover.

ethernet_link_check_state() should NOT contain netif_set_down(netif); and netif_set_up(netif);. Instead there should be a single netif_set_up(&gnetif); in MX_LWIP_Init() after netif_add(&gnetif, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, NULL, &ethernetif_init, &ethernet_input);

3: The configuration causes some few printf() calls to be generated, but the skeleton Keil project does not assign printf/stdout/stderr, so execution halts due to hardcoded breakpoints during systeminit before main() due to the stub libc being "missconfigured". Either ensure that debug printf from assertions are not generated or stub printf/stdout/stderr code needs to be generated (most common will probably be to use ITM/EventRecorder built into Keil)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

I confirm the first issue and I reported internally.

The second and the third points will be checked by our team an we will contact you as soon as possible.

Internal ticket number: 145708 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

I confirm the first issue and I reported internally.

The second and the third points will be checked by our team an we will contact you as soon as possible.

Internal ticket number: 145708 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Stian.Skjelstad ,

The STM32CubeMX issue is fixed with 6.10.0 version.

Thank you.

Kaouthar