cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX LoraWAN support

Niclas Hedhman
Associate III

Is there any explanation to how to use production DevEUI, JoinEUI, AppKey and NetwKey, rather than the hardcoded se-identity.h?

I have searched all over, application notes, youtube and even studied examples and the actual code, but unable to find out how it is intended to be put together.

I tried to populate the LoRaMacNvmData_t passed in OnRestoreContextRequest in lora_app.c, but it is some "BackupContexts" being passed, that seems to be ignored (for this purpose).

Am I expected to rely on  

FLASH_IF_Read(nvm, LORAWAN_NVM_BASE_ADDRESS, nvm_size);

and flash from an external computer, rather than generate it internal to the MCU and report it to external system during test/calibration?

21 REPLIES 21

FUOTA for me is kind of more complexity than I want to get into. I have Mecrisp Forth as my application language, which allows me to downlink source code (in a rather dense syntax), rather than messing with images. If it wasn't for LoraWAN, I wouldn't have CubeMX involved at all!

I will create a separate project using your guide and come back with information how it fits my circumstances.

Perhaps you should send me an email (niclas@hedhman.org) and I will give you my findings of the guide so far.