cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command-line feature deviates from instructions of UM and video tutorial

golvict
Associate II

My platform is Windows 11. I had to run STM32CubeMX in a command-line mode. According to the video tutorial and UM1718:

jre\bin\java -jar STM32CubeMX.exe -i

runs STM32CubeMX in interactive command-line mode.

It took me a long time to find out that it works only if I append a Project.ioc. Otherwise, the cursor is not in the desired MX> position. My apologies if this happens only in my case. If it is common, I expect ST to exhibit more maturity in providing documentation.

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @golvict 

It is mentionned on the UM1718 that you have to use the STM32CubeMX installation path before executing the run command.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Confirmed. If no .ioc file is specified after -i  then MX> prompt is not displayed. But MX is in command mode. You can type a command, for example 'help' and it will be executed and then prompt MX> is displayed.

#DoNotPanic

Thank you so much @Pavel A. . I will escalate it internaly for more clarifications on the comming versions.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.