cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create Keil uVision 5.27 Project with CubeMX 6.0.1

Garnett.Robert
Senior III

Hi

After updating to CubeMx 6.0.1 and my STM32H7 Pack to 1.8.0 I cannot create project code for Keil uVision 5.27.

After pushing the create code button it brings up the progress bar, seems to be doing stuff and then brings up a dialog:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The code is successfully generated under G:/LoranReceiver_002 but MDK-ARM V5.27 project generation have problem."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I open uVision I get an error:

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Error: Device not found -

Device: '??device??'

Vendor 'STMicroelectronics'

Please update your device selection."

--------------------------------------------------------------

The uVision file tree is empty of files and when you open the uVision config dialog no device is selected.

I tried the same project with Atollic and it worked fine.

I have not made any changes to uVision 5 since I used it successfully with older versions of CubeMX.

All my MCU packages are up to date in uVision.

I tried ti with an STM32H743ZIT and an STM32F411RE and had the same problem with each.

I have NEVER had any problems with the CubeMX uVision 5.xx before today.

An no I'm not going to change to TrueStudio, it's hard way of doing a simple job and I don't want to waste my time grappling with Eclipse.

Can anybody assist?

Best regards

Rob

29 REPLIES 29

Hi Robert,

I've been out of the office for a few weeks.

Did you end up finding a solution? If not, could you please attach your logs here? I do not have direct access to the online support ticket.

Regards,

Hugues

Hello Rob,

did it work?

Kind regards

Horst

Bçeki.1
Associate

Hi,

I had the same problem. I worked eclipce before and i installed jdk under the path  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk. I just delete this jdk file and problem solved. I didnt understand what happened but it works fine now.

Hi,

I did as you said, but sadly It didn't work.

It really *****. I'm paying $1,300 Au per annum for uVision and I can't us it. I don't like Eclipse as I seam to spend more time trying to get that to work than writing useful code.

I'm pretty sure Java is the problem as the word Java in computer language is the word for the Engish language words; "big problem"

I uninstalled uVision and reinstalled it - same probem. So the problem is in CubeMX and it's about time they sorted it out.

Best regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

Maybe you should consider Using STM32CubeIDE when you work with STM32CubeMX.

It's also based on eclipse and it's free.

Best Regards,

Hugues

If the temperature of the forum is any indication, the SW QA needs to be dialed up significantly, because it's pretty poor currently.

Free just means someone else has to take on the support costs, and fighting with stuff that should work seemlessly, but doesn't.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Rob,

Maybe you should consider Using STM32CubeIDE when you work with STM32CubeMX.

It's also based on eclipse and it's free.

Best Regards,

Hugues

Hi Huhes,

I have upgraded to CubeMX 6.1.1 and I still have the Keil uVision problem. -Problem:

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest uVision version, but that didn't fix the problem.

I have attached the latest run I did and I have included the Cube log file.

the errors are:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021-02-18 09:41:41,011 [ERROR] DbBoards:190 - Image file not found for board NUCLEO-WL55JC: C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeMX\\db\/plugins/mcufinder/images/boards/nucleo-wl55jc-small.jpg

2021-02-18 09:41:41,257 [ERROR] DbBoards:190 - Image file not found for board STEVAL-STWINKT1B: C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeMX\\db\/plugins/mcufinder/images/boards/steval-stwinkt1b_small.jpg

2021-02-18 09:41:41,694 [ERROR] DbBoards:190 - Image file not found for board STM32H7B3I-EVAL: C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeMX\\db\/plugins/mcufinder/images/boards/stm32h7b3ieval_small.jpg

2021-02-18 09:42:43,816 [INFO] ToolchainGenerator:364 - [Project Generator] Problem in the project generation

2021-02-18 09:42:45,355 [INFO] ConfigFileManager:2320 - mx.scratch is deleted!

2021-02-18 09:42:45,355 [INFO] ProjectBuilder:3425 - Time for Generating toolchain IDE Files: 3457mS.

2021-02-18 09:42:45,355 [ERROR] ProjectBuilder:3431 - Error in Project Generation

2021-02-18 09:42:45,358 [ERROR] ProjectBuilder:773 - Error in Project Generation

2021-02-18 09:43:42,080 [INFO] UtilMem:74 - End SaveConfig() Used Memory: 587499520 Bytes (1405091840)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried deleting everything except the ioc file and it made no difference. Still didn't work.

I noted the dbBoards errors (3 off) is it possible my STM32 repository has been corrupted? If they are corrupt what do I need to do in terms of deletion, re-downloading etc?

I have tried every other tool-chain selection in the Project Manager Tab (EWARM, STM32IDE make, etc) and they ALL worked.

I really need to fix this problem, but I don't know where to go from here.

Best regards

Rob

Hi Huges,

I have standardized on using STM32 processors and cube MX for all my embedded projects. I don't use any other manufacturers micro processors. I have considered using STM32CubeIDE, but I have an enormous amount of experience and money invested in Keil uVision and I do not want to learn a new IDE. Keil uVision is simple and effective and the ARM compilers are great. Why should I change something that works so well.

I always use CubeMX to start my projects as the project structure is consistent from one project to the next and thus I know where everything is. Half the battle with embedded C is navigating the driver and libraries like Lwip and knowing where all the source code is. I also find project congiguration in uVision is simple, there anren't that many options, but they meet my needs.

A thing I don't like about eclipse based IDE's is that the projects are all bundled up in a "workspace" rather than separate project directories like uVision uses. I make routine numbered backup zip files of my uVision project directories and contents which are nicely self contained. I know if I recover from one of these the project will work. With eclipse you can't do this and I can't be bothered with versioning as its too complicated.

Cube MX used to work seamlessly with uVision, and apart from the excellent features and performance pf STM32 uControllers, Cube was the second main driver of my choice of ST uControllers.

Best regards

Rob

CPeno
Associate

It also happened to me because I have many java versions installed on my Windows 10 pc. I found a workaround by executing cubeMX from command prompt as java -jar cubeMX.exe. See attachments. When I choose java version 1.8.0_201 from command prompt it creates all MDK-ARM projects correctly. When I run cubeMX 6.0.1 from icon it fails to create MDK project.