cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in STM32CubeMX 6.3 and the STM32F103 ver package.1.8.4. SDIO 4 bit mod ?

VNiko.1
Associate

I have an STM3210E-EVAL board that I use to gain experience with an SD card.

To generate a software template, I use STM32CubeMX 6.3 and the STM32F103 package.1.8.4. Keil MDK is used to compile the project.

To work with the file system, I use FatFs from STM32CubeMX. My test program (mounting the file system, writing a text file and then reading it) works correctly only in SDIO 1 bit mode. When switching the SDIO to 4 bit mod in STM32CubeMX, i get FR_DISK_ERR occurs during file opening and writing operations. I use SD cards with a capacity of 128 MB, 2 GB and 4 GB. The File_Demo project from Keil MCBSTM32E board adapted by me for STM3210E-EVAL board works successfully with all my SD cards with the SDIO 1 bit and 4 bit bus.

Tell me what can be done to activate the SDIO 4 bit width mode...

Problem solved! The CD card has started working at a frequency of 4 MHz!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @VNiko.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community :) ,

Glad to know the issue has been solved.

Please allow me to close this thread and thank you again for having updated the post.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @VNiko.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community :) ,

Glad to know the issue has been solved.

Please allow me to close this thread and thank you again for having updated the post.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
VNiko.1
Associate

Ok​