cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I to store variables into a csv log file?

Franco Spediacci
Associate II

I see file storage saves a json. I tried to put a csv conversion node in the middle but nothing is saved.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
SAB
Associate II

Hi Stephane,

My use case would most likely have thousands of data points each for >=4 variables. I guess a script could do the job, but was wondering if a solution could be made in STM32CubeMonitor to have each variable in its own column.

My end goal with the data would mainly be for using it with other data (captured using different means) and running comparisons. This data may be shared with others who would not be using STM32CubeMonitor, so it's best to export the data in my case.

Thank you

Hello

How many points per seconds do you plan to store ?

If the frequency is not too high (10 samples each seconds), it is possible to manage the data with subflow single value andto store it directly in a csv with one variable for each column. (The subflow "single value" is designed to send data to a gauge, so number of sample per seconds is limited to optimize display).

Would it be ok for you ?

Stephane

stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

There is a new wiki about csv in STM32cubeMonitor : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeMonitor:How_to_log_data_in_a_.csv_file