cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find startup file for STM32G0 processors for IAR Embedded Workbench?

KKonn.1
Associate

I need to convert STMCubeIDE project to IAR Embedded Workbench.

I found here (https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32-standard-peripheral-libraries.html#products) STM32 Standard Peripheral Libraries, which include templates for also IAR Embedded Workbench. But there is no library for the G0 (STM32G070RB to be exact) processors. Is the file startup_stm32g070rbtx.s for IAR anywhere available, or do I need to create it myself? Or is there even an easier way to import STMCubeIDE project for G0 to IAR Embedded workbench, than to migrate the code to IAR Embedded Workbench as instructed in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtmpmy8t19Q)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Official support for external GUIs is provided by CubeMX, which can also generate a framework for IAR using LL and/or HAL. If one does not want to use CubeMX, one must help oneself in another way. But great you got it working!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @KKonn.1​, to the community!

As you can see on the website under the tab Overview, the SPL is not available for newer families like e.g. STM32G0.

Instead of the SPL, STM32Cube is recommended, either the Low Layer library (LL) that is close to the hardware and similar to the SPL, or the HAL library designed for inter-family portability. Both are included in the firmware for each family and can be used with STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE, for example.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KKonn.1
Associate

Thank you, for your response. I didn't note the tab Overview, so thanks for pointing that out.

In my case, using STM32CubeIDE (or MX) is not an option, but I must use IAR Embedded Workbench (client requirement, not my choice). I am using LL and just wanted to migrate the project to IAR Embedded Workbench. I managed to convert the startup_stm32g070rbtx.s file by hand to IAR format and import the LL libraries and my own code and I got it working. I was just wondering if there would be "official" support for that.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Official support for external GUIs is provided by CubeMX, which can also generate a framework for IAR using LL and/or HAL. If one does not want to use CubeMX, one must help oneself in another way. But great you got it working!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter