cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When building a C++ STM32 Project, how do I associate the .hpp file extension with combined header and source templates and Class files?

DWild.1
Associate II

In my regular C++ work, I use the BOOST library, and I've taken to using their .hpp style that combines header declarations and source definitions in one file for most of my C++ work. I try to not use separate .h and .cpp files any more, whether it is a template or a normal C++ class.

The way it is now, the system whines when I try to define a class with only one source or header file.

I want to add this to my global workspace properties, not do it for every project I create.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

> The way it is now, the system whines when I try to define a class with only one source or header file.

What do you mean?

I use hpp files all the time and haven't had issues. Create it as a header file. Add its location as an include directory path.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I figured out that I can do that, yes, by making the file by hand or combining the two and renaming.

I was trying to get it to use the Eclipse CDT create New Class feature to give me all my stub functions in the CubeIDE.