cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authentication Dialog hangs

shane mattner
Associate III

The newest version of CubeIDE requires a sign-in to myST, but the dialog box hangs on Ubuntu.  Pretty frustrating...

9 REPLIES 9
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @shane mattner ,

The issue is not reproduced from my side. Please, try to verify the network connection.

Thanks,

Rim

mccabehm
Associate III

With CubeIDE version 1.13.2 on Windows I also am unable to sign-in. This started ~Nov 6, 2023. Prior to that, no problem.

quackquack
Associate

This happened to me as well on Linux, after several retries it worked.

Oskar_H
Senior

@shane mattner what is the version of your Ubuntu ? Does the bug still occur in 1.14.0 release ?

@quackquack what are your Linux distribution and version ?

CubeMX version 6.9.2, Linux Mint 20.3. I selected a new MCU and when I wanted to generate the code it presented a blank dialog box, presumably for downloading related files. Retrying a few times eventually showed a login form. The internet was working fine at the time.

JamesGordon
Associate

I'm struggling to log in with the myST link as well - I have Version 1.15.0, on a Windows 10

DexterousMuffin
Associate II

I cannot login to my-ST as well, I get stuck on User Authentication Dialog forever, with the lines bumping as if it was loading.
I'm running version 1.15.1, on Ubuntu 24.04.

norlesh
Associate III

I'm actually trying to use it on a fresh windows 11 installation and can confirm the Piece of S**T doesn't work here either!

I've booted a new system, with Ubuntu 22.04, and tested Cube IDE version 1.15.1 and 1.14.0.  It won't let me login anyway, so I guess they're having a server issue.