cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThreadX thread and queue names not displayed properly in CubeIDE 1.15.0 debugger (STM32H5)

New workspace

New STM32 project 

Board Selector Nucleo-144 STM32H5 NUCLEO-H563ZI

Take the defaults

Set the tick to TIM6

Pinout & Configuration - Middleware and Software Packs - THREADX

Generate App Init Code - check

Save everything, compile, debug, put a breakpoint on the opening curly in tx_app_thread_entry (app_threadx.c).

Run and reach the breakpoint.

Window - Show View - ThreadX - ThreadX Thread List

Notice how the names are just the first character of the name strings.

This happens on queues as well. I suspect semaphores and mutexs will be the same.

This worked properly in a previous version of CubeIDE on STM32L4 if that matters.

Full cube project attached.

14 REPLIES 14
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Thank you @Andrei Chichak and @ron239955_stm1 

This issue is currently under investigation, we have not yet been able to reproduce it with MacOS 14.1, but we will try to upgrade and test it! 

We will keep you updated 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Any progress on this issue? I updated to CubeIDE 1.16.1 and the issue is still there.

If it helps any, it seems to also be an issue with FreeRTOS awareness, and MacOS is now up to 14.7 with 15.0 available to blow up my system.

I have the same problem. On a mac. Working fine on my colleague’s mac with same versions. Have re-installed everything except OSX but the problem persists.

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello everyone, 

Sorry for the delayed answers, the issue is finally reproduced using macOS 14.6.1, STM32CubeIDE version 1.16.1. 

We will keep you updated 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.