cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCube32IDE importing STM32U5 examples

boxtor
Associate II

How do I import the BSP and OSPI_NOR_MemoryMapped examples from the STM32CubeU5 package for the STM32U5A9J-DK board?  That series of board is not listed as supported in the example selector, so I have to use the git repo.  These are all examples that indicate they were tested with the MB1829B board, which I have.

These examples don't include and IOC file, so that import method doesn't work for these projects.

I tried importing the .project file in the STM32CubeIDE folder.  However, that detects it as a nested project and imports everything including the EWARM and MDK-ARM folders and also doesn't import build settings.

What am I doing incorrectly?

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Unfortunately, you didn't specify how exactly you imported .cproject, but if I click on

File > Import... > General > Existing Project into Workspace > Browse (top right)

to navigate to the project path:

<path>\STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.xx.0\Projects\STM32U5x9J-DK\Examples\OSPI\OSPI_NOR_MemoryMapped

then STM32CubeIDE only finds and marks one project, namely the one for CubeIDE.

Are you using the most recent version of STM32CubeIDE?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I'm using 1.14.0.

I tried this method and then when I try to build, I get multiple errors due to not being able to find "stm32u5xx_hal.h"

I also notice it references other include directories that are empty, such as the hal_driver and cmsis directories. It appears that these are sub repos that git wasn't cloning.

liaifat85
Senior II

I am sorry that I could find nothing helpful. You can raise this issue in github.