cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCube IDE does not log in to myST

Hi,

I cannot login to myST. When I press myST|login nothing happens, no window with prompt for credentials appears.

Because of that I cannot manage and download firmware packs. Code generation does ton work. Generated project is incomplete and cannot be build.

STMCubeIDE version: 1.16.0.

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Piotr Romaniuk ,

It is mandatory to have Chronium since ST started to use and require myST login procedure.

Some company policy allowed only EDGE and FIREFOX as web browsers so that users cannot log to their account. By installing Chromium and removing the blocking everything works as expected. 

For more details, I suggest that you take a look at this Post.

- STM32CubeIDE is supported on Linux®: Ubuntu® LTS 20.04 and LTS 22.04, and Fedora® 37.

- STM32CubeMX is supported on Windows® 10 and 11, 64 bits. You can work with it offline by downloading the firmware and loading it manually. You are able also to choose the firmware package version under [Project Manager] by unchecking [Use Default Firmware Package].

Thanks.

Mahmoud

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi

I tried to go back to 14.1 but there is the same.

In error log window there is null exception:

org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: Error executing 'com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.ide.command.userAuth.login': java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.swing.JComponent.setVisible(boolean)" because "this.webAppContainer" is null
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:170)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:488)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:485)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(AbstractContributionItem.java:449)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.lambda$2(AbstractContributionItem.java:475)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4274)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1066)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4072)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1155)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:342)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1046)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:645)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:342)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:552)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:152)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:402)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:651)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:588)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1459)
Caused by: org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.swing.JComponent.setVisible(boolean)" because "this.webAppContainer" is null
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:68)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:300)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:234)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:156)
	... 32 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "javax.swing.JComponent.setVisible(boolean)" because "this.webAppContainer" is null
	at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.userauth.UserAuth.activatePlugin(UserAuth.java:201)
	at com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.userauth.UserAuthAdapter.<init>(UserAuthAdapter.java:29)
	at com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.userauth.UserAuthProvider.getUserAuthAdapter(UserAuthProvider.java:16)
	at com.st.stm32cube.common.ecosystemintegration.ui.core.MCUEcoSystemIntegrationUiHelper.getUserAuth(MCUEcoSystemIntegrationUiHelper.java:100)
	at com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.userauth.UserAuth.execute(UserAuth.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:283)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:97)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
	... 36 more

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk

Hello @Piotr Romaniuk ,

First let me thank you for posting.

For more investigation, I suggest that you provide please:

- The Operating System used

- The Proxy Configuration screenshots

I want to know also if you are able to log to your ST Account on STMicroelectronics  via the navigator.

Thanks.

Mahmoud

Hello Mahmoud,

Windows 7 x64

No proxy settings - I use native option.

Yes I can login to ST account via web browser.

Please notice: 

"this.webAppContainer" is null

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk

Hello @Piotr Romaniuk ,

Further to your comment, you mentioned that the Operating System is Windows 7 x64.

I suggest that you take a look at the RN0114 and you can notice that STM32CubeIDE is supported on Windows® 10 and 11, 64 bits (x64).

You do need to log to the ST account to download firmware packages but it's possible to download them manually from the ST website as zip files and then install them offline.

Inside STM32CubeIDE, use the following menus:
1. [Help]>[Manage embedded software packages]
2. [STM32Cube MCU Packages]>[From local...]
3. Point to the manually downloaded zip file, then accept the license and install it

Thanks.

Mahmoud

Hello Mahmoud,

"I suggest that you take a look at the RN0114 and you can notice that STM32CubeIDE is supported on Windows® 10 and 11, 64 bits (x64)."

But this STM2cubeIDE is built on top of Eclipse that uses Java, that are system independent and general solutions.

Did really ST broke this rules in its myST?
All this works under Linux version.

"You do need to log to the ST account to download firmware packages but it's possible to download them manually from the ST website as zip files and then install them offline."

I cannot, after I press [Manage embedded software packages] nothing happens. I think this the same reason, there is not attached web browser that opens windows for myST functionalities.

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk

Hello @Piotr Romaniuk ,

The minimal required version for the integrated JxBrowser is Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016.

Jxbrowser does not support windows 7 since 21/02/2023.

MahmoudBenRomdhane_0-1724838517500.png

Thanks.

Mahmoud

Hello,

If I correctly understand: ST uses JxBrowser (commercial) library for having full support for HTML+CSS+JavaScript application in Java. myST support and acompaning functionality is written in JavaScript and web pages. Unfortunatelly JxBrowser requires Windows 10 at least.
It is a pitty that ST did not use Java for the application. 

I have some additional questions:

1. I saw that there is some dependency between JxBrowser and Chromium, does it mean that I must install Chromium Browser to use STM32CubeIDE under Windows 10?

2. What are the requirements for stm32cubeIDE on Linux? Which distributions and minimal version I need?

3. I remember that I was able to generate the code in some version of CubeMX. Now it looks also broken.
Is there any way to do this manually without stm32cubeIDE? Will standalone version of CubeMX work under windows 7?

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk

Hello @Piotr Romaniuk ,

It is mandatory to have Chronium since ST started to use and require myST login procedure.

Some company policy allowed only EDGE and FIREFOX as web browsers so that users cannot log to their account. By installing Chromium and removing the blocking everything works as expected. 

For more details, I suggest that you take a look at this Post.

- STM32CubeIDE is supported on Linux®: Ubuntu® LTS 20.04 and LTS 22.04, and Fedora® 37.

- STM32CubeMX is supported on Windows® 10 and 11, 64 bits. You can work with it offline by downloading the firmware and loading it manually. You are able also to choose the firmware package version under [Project Manager] by unchecking [Use Default Firmware Package].

Thanks.

Mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud,

thank you for information and your help..

I was surprised that ST requires to install specific web browser, i.e. Chromium. It resembles monopolistic practices, but looking what Oracle done with JDK lisenses it seems more clear.

Regards,

Piotr Romaniuk