cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCUBE IDE can we use two debug window at time?

MDeva.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am using the NUCLEO-h745ziq board. I am using two board for SPI loopbacking.One board as master and one board as SLAVE. Can we use the two debug window at time. Because I launch the one stmcubeIDE window 1.5.1 and another from stmcubeide 1.6.1 because i have only one drive C. When i debugging the two board, one board debugging ic completed when i try to debug second borad i get the error of GDB server failed. I am unable to undestand why it is shown .Becuase my two board independantly working when i debug it one by one.Can someone please helpme?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @MDeva.1​,

Yes debugging programs with two or multiple boards is possible within STM32CubeIDE.

It can be realized using two ST-LINK or SEGGER J-Link probes at the same time. Please ensure that you are not using the same port number for both projects selected in the Debugger tab in the Debug Configurations dialog.

I recommend you to following the 3.6.3 section "Debug multiple boards" of the UM2609 STM32CubeIDE user guide.

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kraal
Senior III

Hi,

I believe the issue is that both GDB servers are using the same port (usually it is port 61234). You should try to change the "Debug configuration" -> "Debugger" -> "GDB port" for one of the 2 IDE instances (I'm not using CubeIDE, so I can't help precisely here), and maybe also specify the ST-Link serial number to use for each debug instance, so the IDE knows which debugger to use.

See the picture below for Atollic:

0693W00000D144VQAR.png

ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @MDeva.1​,

Yes debugging programs with two or multiple boards is possible within STM32CubeIDE.

It can be realized using two ST-LINK or SEGGER J-Link probes at the same time. Please ensure that you are not using the same port number for both projects selected in the Debugger tab in the Debug Configurations dialog.

I recommend you to following the 3.6.3 section "Debug multiple boards" of the UM2609 STM32CubeIDE user guide.

Chahinez.