cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H573I-DK CAN Support

saran1
Associate

Hi, 

is there CAN support available in STM32H573I-DK board, when I check STM32H573I-DK datasheet 2 CAN FD is mentioned. but pin io details are not available in user manual.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

For CAN/FDCAN usage on any board you need to check if there is a CAN/FDCAN transceiver available on the board. If it is the case the board supports natively CAN communication (refer to the board’s user manual). If not you need to check if the CAN pins are exposed externally from the board to connect your own transceiver. If it’s not the case, the only config you can use is the loopback mode and normal mode is not available.

In your case I see one possibility to use FDCAN on this board by using FDCAN2 because the alternate functions (FDCAN2_Tx=PB6 and FDCAN2_Rx=PB5) are exported on Arduino connector to connect an external transceiver:

SofLit_0-1710491815683.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @saran1 and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

To understand more about the FDCAN pinout on the Board STM32H573I-DK which is based on the STM32H573IIK3Q. I suggest you take a look at the DS14121 to understand the FDCAN Pins of the STM32H573IIK3Q. Then Look at those pins on the User manual

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SofLit
ST Employee

For CAN/FDCAN usage on any board you need to check if there is a CAN/FDCAN transceiver available on the board. If it is the case the board supports natively CAN communication (refer to the board’s user manual). If not you need to check if the CAN pins are exposed externally from the board to connect your own transceiver. If it’s not the case, the only config you can use is the loopback mode and normal mode is not available.

In your case I see one possibility to use FDCAN on this board by using FDCAN2 because the alternate functions (FDCAN2_Tx=PB6 and FDCAN2_Rx=PB5) are exported on Arduino connector to connect an external transceiver:

SofLit_0-1710491815683.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.