cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H563 in STM32CubeIDE MMT: "Missing Default Data Region for context CortexM33NS" error

Dragon_Industries
Associate

Hey!

I'm working on an STM32H563VITx MCU, and was trying to move some of the ram thats available to the non-secure part over to the secure section since I mostly want to use that, and while yes, I could try to leverage my code in such way that it uses both secure and non-secure sections, I would rather avoid that.

However while configuring some of the banks over to the secure section I kept getting the error of "Missing Default Data Region for context CortexM33NS", to note I did look back at where the non-secure and secure parts should be and based their default place on that (i.e. looking at the linked list files and making sure that the given regions do start in the same place, just with different lengths), however that didn't really help.
I am quite new to both changing memory sections around and using the new Memory Managment Tool (MMT) in the STM32CubeIDE so it might be obvious at hand but I couldn't find much info about it.
I added some screenshots of how it currently looks, maybe it helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dragon_Industries
Associate

Solution: don't be silly and double check that you did turn on Trust Zone, otherwise the memory areas will not be filled with the correct settings (such settings that you cannot add by yourself btw).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dragon_Industries
Associate

Solution: don't be silly and double check that you did turn on Trust Zone, otherwise the memory areas will not be filled with the correct settings (such settings that you cannot add by yourself btw).