cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G031J6, STlink not detected

AZadb.1
Associate II

I am new to STM32 programming and while using cubeIde to work on led blinking project. The project is built successfully but after this I get an error that No target found. This happens eventhough I have plugged in the board. So, do I need to use a external debugger for this or connect anyother hardware to the board so as to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @AZadb.1​ ,

Try Connect under reset, and check pull BOOT0 High or low.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
AZadb.1
Associate II

hey, I think I tried this but it still didn't work, but just to verify how do I check the BOOT0 value and this connect under reset, as I am not sure what i did is right or not

You have an ST-LINK?

Which?

Can you see it in Device Manager?

Check cables, make sure not to use charging cables.

Avoid hubs, and docking stations.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AZadb.1
Associate II

Yes, in device manager, under Ports it is "STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual COM Port" and in USB devices it is "STLink Debug", both of these are already updated to latest drivers but still on cubeide on STLink is detected? so is something wrong with the board or do I have to use some other STLink?

AScha.3
Chief II

try: download STM32CubeProgrammer , can find your Stlink ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AZadb.1
Associate II

Tried the STM32CubeProgrammer but still the same error No STM32 found on Target.

AScha.3
Chief II

last chance: in STM32CubeProgrammer try

• mode: under reset
  • reset mode: hardware

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AZadb.1
Associate II

Yes did that, still the same, why is this happening its able to upgrade the firmware but not able to detect the STLink?

AScha.3
Chief II

no, >No STM32 found on Target < is : stlink connect, but it cannot find your cpu , or nothing connected to stlink. no target means, the stlink can find no cpu to work on.

what you connect to debug or flash ?