cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030F4 with STM32Cube tools

SSkje.1
Associate II

Hi I used STM32CubeMX to create a new project for STM32F030F4 + STM32CubeIDE.

The project was created, but when I compile, all the data by default is mapped to address 0x00008000, just after the valid range of the flash mirror. How strange...

Problem one: The file STM32F030F3Px_FLASH.ld was never created in my project, so I found one online and put it into my project folder

Problem two: The linker argument builder is not able to resolve the ${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/STM32F030F4PX_FLASH.ld} path, so no -T "c:\foo\bar\STM32F030F4PX_FLASH.ld" is added to the linker command-line.

Work-around for problem two:

Added under other flags for the linker: -T "${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/STM32F030F4PX_FLASH.ld}" - The quatation marks are important, else \ for windows paths turns into escape characters...

Windows 10, English language, Norwegian locale

STM32CubeMX: 5.6.1

STM32CubeIDE: 1.3.1

com.st.stm32cube.ide.feature.mcu.linker.ui 1.3.0.202002181050

com.st.stm32cube.ide.feature.mcu.toolchain.arm_none 1.3.0.202002181050

(The missing linker script causes all kinds of funky errors when trying to load the resulting file with the different softwares for the hardware dongles)

12 REPLIES 12

So is null heap size root source of your issue ?​

Heap Zero is indeed the root-cause of the defect:

Heap=Zero causes

Src/syscalls.c  to be removed, ok

Src/sysmem.c to be removed, ok

STM32F030F4PX_FLASH.ld to be removed, NOT ok

Why -T in general is omitted, I am not sure. The fresh generated projects works, and diff becomes a mess, since the project has been used and eclipse quickly changes details in the XML space

Null (0x0) heap size sounds supported now relying on fresh STM32CubeIDE release. At least works for me.

Please tag as "Answered" will help Community.