cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STM32F411 Discovery kit is not included in the STM32CubeIDE

Javier Carrasco
Associate II

I have an STM32F411 Discovery kit with an STM32F411VET6 on it and it is not included in the STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.1.0. I updated the IDE but it did not solve the issue. Is it possible to get the right files for this board or should I select a different one? I found a board called STM32F4DISCOVERY but the mounted device is a different one (STM32F407VGTx).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Javier Carrasco
Associate II

Thank you for your replies but I posted this issue 7 months ago... the board is now well supported on IDE 1.3.1 (it was NOT on 1.1.0 last year).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Khis
Associate

Hi. I have the same problem. Solution is easy.

Offline installation:

1.Go to STM32F411 Discovery kit page. Select 'Tools and software' tab. Scroll to 'Embedded Software' section and click on 'STM32CubeF4' item.

2. On opened 'STM32CubeF4' page you could download it with 'Get software' button.

3. After download is complete run CubeIDE and choose in top menu: Help->Manage Embedded Software packages.

4. Click 'From Local...' button and choose downloaded ZIP file.

Online installation:

1. Run CubeIDE and choose in top menu: Help->Manage Embedded Software packages.

2. Find F411 discovery kit and select latest version. Click on 'Install now' button.

S.Ma
Principal

a bit clunky...

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

??? Board 32F411EDISCOVERY is available and well supported. What is your issue here ? I am relying on IDE 1.3.1

Javier Carrasco
Associate II

Thank you for your replies but I posted this issue 7 months ago... the board is now well supported on IDE 1.3.1 (it was NOT on 1.1.0 last year).

Please tag as "Answered" will help Community.