Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE update with the version 1.15.0

costi
Associate III

The last update of CubeIDE is like below:

costi_0-1710947767043.png

I have this warning and I don't understand what it is:

"C:/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.3.0/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.12.3.rel1.win32_1.0.100.202403111256/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: FW_code123_R1-0.elf has a LOAD segment with RWX permissions"

After this CubeIDE update, the FW update is required for ST_Link/V2 Programmer

costi_1-1710948323541.png

I pressed the "Open in update mode" button.

The error bellow is present now, like bellow:

costi_2-1710948410908.png

What can I do to solve this aspect?

I can't use the programmer to program the micro controller or to make a FW debug.

Thanks in advanced

Constantin

P.S.

before of this last update, the mentioned warning was not present. I used the same FW code. And the ST_Link/V2 FW update was working every time when the CubeIDE requested for it

The ST_Link/V2 programmer is OK. I use it on the other PC and I test it also using ST_Link Utility and on this tool the FW update is working and the controller can be programmed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @costi & @gfm ,

Try to update your ST-Link FW with the STSW-LINK007 ST-Link firmware updater application.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gfm
Associate

Same problem.

Trying to  flash a STM32F4 Discovery board from CubeIDE.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @costi & @gfm ,

Try to update your ST-Link FW with the STSW-LINK007 ST-Link firmware updater application.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ok, it's working now. Thanks

SofLit
ST Employee

Note that the proposed solution is just a workaround. The issue need to be fixed in CubeIDE.

costi
Associate III

For the mentioned warning follow the link below:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/stm32cubeide-1-15-0-elf-has-a-load-segment-with-rwx-permissions/m-p/652509#M25301

I tried that suggestion and it's working.