cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error building a project cloned with Tortoise SVN

DBERG.1
Associate II

I work on a project that is managed via Tortoise SVN (not sure if it is relevant).

On my own machine - I have no problem compiling and building (and of course, debugging).

I cloned the repository to a new machine, but I cannot get the code to compile, I keep getting "make" errors.

16:28:09 **** Build of configuration Debug for project PROJECT_NAME ****
make -j16 all 
touch ../Core/Src/fileName.c
make[1]: *** [makefile:103: pre-build] Error -1
make: *** [makefile:71: all] Error 2
"make -j16 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

16:28:09 Build Failed. 2 errors, 0 warnings. (took 687ms)

There's a custom 'touch' command to update some build timestamps. However, even when it's disabled via project properties, I still get errors.

I did verify that make.exe is located in a folder pointed by PATH in the project properties.

I did try clean and rebuild project, with no success.

Any ideas on what's going on? What should I try?

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hi,

You wrote that the "touch" command is disabled via project properties - but, as you see in the output, it runs. So, please check the project properties. Do you build the desired configuration?

I should've phrased myself better (will edit original post) - event when disabling the 'touch', I still get these errors.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Sorry I'm out of ideas...

I did verify that make.exe is located in a folder pointed by PATH in the project properties.

Normally CubeIDE adds the path to its make and other host side tools automatically when it starts build. There's no need to add anything to PATH. Even opposite, adding wrong stuff to PATH can break build.