cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE hangs on close

IAKHM.1
Associate II

STM32CubeIDE hangs on close, on macbook air mac os Big Sur CPU: Intel core i3. After forced closing, the next time you start STM32CubeIDE, it opens some strange interface that is different from the usual interface (I attach the screen), this problem creates a little inconvenience and I would be very grateful if you could advise ways to fix it, thanks.

0693W00000Dn1PqQAJ.png 

Details from the mac os report:

Process:     STM32CubeIDE [48370]

UUID:       609BBFAD-8735-366C-9068-D0FA5BE6449B

App Version:   1.6.1

Build Version:  1.6.1

Path:       /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/STM32CubeIDE

Architecture:   x86_64

Parent:      launchd [1]

UID:       501

Footprint:    1083.14 MB

Time Since Fork: 669s

Num samples:   14 (1-14)

CPU Time:     0.038s (54.6M cycles, 21.3M instructions, 2.56c/i)

Note:       Unresponsive for 163 seconds before sampling

Note:       1 idle work queue thread omitted

4 REPLIES 4
IAKHM.1
Associate II

Updated to 1.7, the interface has remained the same, there is still a bug that was not there before - additional windows for a commit for outputting debug data, etc. disappear as soon as you enter them with the mouse cursor, it seems stm32CubeIDE broke, do you really have to look for an alternative?

Hello there!

I don't really see what's wrong with the screenshot, it looks as expected to me. However, perhaps I am missing something?

There were a lot of improvements in STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0 for example if CubeIDE was hard-killed with the MX editor opened which should be fixed now.

You mention that you tried with version 1.7.0 as well and there's another bug? What window disappear when you hover over them with the mouse cursor? Could you take a screenshot or a short screen recording capturing how it looks when it disappears?

Good day! forgive me for not answering for a long time, I attach a screen of how the interface should be. On account of the disappearing windows (closing on their own), I noticed that this happens only when the MX editor is open (and not always), if you do comit git in the open listing with the code, then the pop-up window does not close on its own, for me now this is not critical, so how will I make a commit just without opening the MX editor.

There is also one very unpleasant bug, when the MX editor is open and you go to the tab with the code, it automatically returns to the MX editor, after the second click on the tab with the listing of the code, it opens the necessary tab, I also attach the video. Thank you for the attention.

Didn't find a button to add a video to a comment, can you tell me how to upload a video?

0693W00000DnKGdQAN.png 

With version 1.14.0 (Linux) I also encounter a hang-up upon close program. Only after a debugging session. I don't need to actually debug e device, but just enter in Debug (F11) en return to the standard perspective. With v.1.13.x I did not encounter this (according to my memory). Moreover, the Live Expressions that were defined are lost then.

Edit: Live expressions can be preserved by starting the IDE and instead of starting a Debug Session, only change to the Debug Perspective. Then enter desired Live View Expressions, return to the default C/C++ view and close the IDE.
Upon every restart, also after hang-up, the Live View Expressions are retained.

@Markus GIRDLAND At the moment, I can live with the situation where I get Live Expressions saved.