cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE hangs during build

Konami
Senior

Lately, at an increasing rate, CubeIDE hangs with the project at 25~27% and will not proceed. As best I can tell, this is always on the last file it's compiling. That is to say, it's hanging on the last arm-none-eabi-gcc "source_code.c" output and when the build doesn't fail, the next line is arm-none-eabi-gcc -o "Project.elf".

There's no error, or warning just sits there. If I retry, sometimes it passes, sometimes it takes 2-3 retries and sometimes it takes a dozen.

I had this problem about a year ago but it was much less severe (happened 1/15 build attempts). My teammates have this problem too and for them it has remained less severe. What can I do to debug this, or any ideas what's going on?

CubeIDE Version: 1.9.0 and 1.10.1

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @DB.7ujak​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Did you try to restart STM32CubeIDE or rebooting the computer? Maybe this solves the problem!

Did you try with the latest release of STM32CubeIDE v1.11.0?

Maybe it' related to a memory issue!

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Konami
Senior

I've definitely tried rebooting things several times. This issue has been going on for months. I just tried v1.11.0 as well and it too suffers from the same issue.

Do you use internal or external builder (Properties->C/C++ build)?

External:

0693W00000Y7L0HQAV.png