cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE Copy project issues

simo zz
Senior

Hello,

I noticed that when I want to copy a project into the same workspace, the following issues occur:

1. If the project to copy is the only one into the workspacace, when I paste it, the IDE pops-up a message for a "null argument" error...
  2. If there are more projects into the workspace, the IDE let me paste it but the .ioc file name refers to the copied project, not to new pasted one.

Yesterday I upgraded to version 1.3.1 build 6291_20200406_0752 (UTC), but I see that these issues are not been corrected.

s.

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

We are aware of issues when both copying and (for example) renaming projects. It's on our list of fixes we want to do.

MKahl.1
Associate

I have been working around this issue by manually renaming the .ioc file with the new project name.

Then manually delete previously generated /Debug and /Release directories and debug launch files.

I then manually refresh the project and rebuild the index as a precaution.

After that you can select the .ioc file to launch mx cube within the project.

WARNING. I do not recommend doing this though. I think that the first time the renamed .ioc file is used in the new project, it deletes the /Core/Src directory of the previous project. But the renamed .ioc file operates as expected in the new project.