cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 on Sanoma MacOS fails to open project

CColo.2
Associate II

Hii, I installed the new version of the IDE 14.1.0, my operating system is macOS Sanoma 14.3. It installed normally, it created a new workspace for me, but when I want to import my projects the program closes, a summary of the system appears to send to Apple and it starts again. I tried using the workspace I had and when I want to open a project or generate a new project it does the same thing again. Does anyone know what the problem could be and its solution. Thank you.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, it works great on Sonoma, including the latest 14.2.1. The only weirdness is that the banner logo is displayed upside down, but that's a problem with Eclipse in general.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hi, per the CubeIDE installation guide, Sonoma (v.14) is not a supported version of MacOS. The latest supported version is v.11.

kayuk
Associate II

In fact, according to https://www.st.com/resource/en/release_note/rn0114-stm32cubeide-release-v1140-stmicroelectronics.pdf Monterey (v12) and Ventuara (v13) are supported macos versions:

Host PC system requirements
Supported operating systems and architectures
• Windows® 10 and 11, 64 bits (x64)
• Linux®: Ubuntu® LTS 20.04 and LTS 22.04, and Fedora® 36
• macOS® 12 (Monterey), macOS® 13 (Ventura)

But it is still bad that older or newest macos versions are not supported.

Good morning, thanks for the answer, I had a BETA version of the Sanoma OS loaded, I reinstalled the official version of the Sanoma OS, reinstalled the IDE and everything worked like a charm. Thank you again. 

Best Regards

Yeah, it works great on Sonoma, including the latest 14.2.1. The only weirdness is that the banner logo is displayed upside down, but that's a problem with Eclipse in general.