cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE cannot find OpenSTLinux

Bryan_H
Associate

I've set up the development environment for an STM32MP157F-DK2 kit including STM32CubeIDE. I'm following instructions to create a new application to run on the A7 under Linux, and CubeIDE cannot find the OpenSTLinux plugin. So I followed the instructions on the 'How to Install the Yocto Project SDK in STM32CubeIDE' wiki page  (https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_install_the_Yocto_Project_SDK_in_STM32CubeIDE), but it never finds the default OpenSTLinux:

Unable to locate OpenSTLinux version 'openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore-mp1-v23.06.21', choose continue to point to an existing SDK location and install sources plugin?

Would someone please point me in the right direction? Did I forget to install something?

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bryan_H
Associate

Thank you, Rim!

I'm actually using Ubuntu 22.04, and I tried your solutions (adapted for the Linux version), but they didn't work.

After hunting through the wiki for a long time, I finally did some digging in the STM32CubeIDE user manual (I know, RTFM), and it gave me enough to go on that I was able to solve my problem.

For those with the same problem as me: you need to put the path to the developer package SDK into the Window > Preferences > OpenSTLinux SDK Manager / Install Root Path. For my installation, the path is $HOME/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v5.0.0/Developer-Package/SDK (where $HOME is expanded to my user home directory). It's easiest to hit the Browse... button to get to the directory.

I'm still not sure if I missed an installation step or if this just isn't needed by most people, but hopefully this helps someone else.

Bryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @Bryan_H and welcome to the community,

Check that you have reloaded OpenSTLinux to download the installed plugins. It is located in Window -> Preferences -> Available Software Site.

Also, check the Internet connection, first select [Windows]>[Preferences]>[Network Setting], and then check the connection through the [Check Connection] button under [Windows]>[Preferences]>[STM32Cube]>[Firmware Updater].

Thanks,

Rim.

Bryan_H
Associate

Thank you, Rim!

I'm actually using Ubuntu 22.04, and I tried your solutions (adapted for the Linux version), but they didn't work.

After hunting through the wiki for a long time, I finally did some digging in the STM32CubeIDE user manual (I know, RTFM), and it gave me enough to go on that I was able to solve my problem.

For those with the same problem as me: you need to put the path to the developer package SDK into the Window > Preferences > OpenSTLinux SDK Manager / Install Root Path. For my installation, the path is $HOME/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v5.0.0/Developer-Package/SDK (where $HOME is expanded to my user home directory). It's easiest to hit the Browse... button to get to the directory.

I'm still not sure if I missed an installation step or if this just isn't needed by most people, but hopefully this helps someone else.

Bryan