cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32cube problem with Migrate FW version

Filipx.87
Associate II

Hi, I have a project STM32F429-DISC1 with BSP libraries created in CubeIDE and everything works but when I give Migrate the project from old FW V1.24.2 to last V1.26.2 the display stops showing. Has anyone already solved what the problem may be? If I regenerate the peripheral configuration within the old FW, then everything is still fine.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Filipx.87​ ,

If possible to share more details with your project and the error you have, so we could provide you better help about possibilities what could be wrong.

You can share your code if this issue is not resolved.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I don't know exactly how to specify it, I'm attaching the zip project and photos, one shows okay, the other two faulty condition when the project migrated here, at 25MHz LCD-TFT clocks shows only the raster silhouette, if I cut the raster in half the raster is more readable but still decayed. If I reset several times, sometimes it works that it works properly, so probably an error somewhere in the initialization of LTDC, SDRAM or DMA. The hardware is certainly fine because in Mbed which has the initialization of peripherals predetermined and hidden works everything just fine.0693W00000FDye7QAD.jpg0693W00000FDyYzQAL.jpg0693W00000FDydYQAT.jpg

Would look at BSP code and defines, especially if the F429 has different board revisions or screens changed over time.

Check command line defines buried in the meta-data, review the clocking and geometry for the display.

Look for #ifdef's in the code.

Perhaps use a Diff/Merge tool to understand what changed. Try WinMerge, etc, will save you hours..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..