cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM CUBE IDE can not program the board.

demir
Senior II

Hi All,

I am having an issue which is persistent for more than a week. I created a simple blink LED program using STM32 CUBE IDE IDE. I compiled it OK. Then, I tried to run it on the board, CUDE IDE got stuck. I can see from the progress bar that Launching: initializing debugger services. The progress is stuck at %51 and does not change even if I wait for ages. To identify the root cause, I tried below steps.

• I tried with another cable but didnt work
  • I tried with another version of STM CUBE IDE (1.13.0) and it did not work
  • I tried to program the board with STM Cube programmer and it WORKED, I was able to blink the LED.
  • I tried to use another PC and it also WORKED

So, it got me thinking that STM CUBE IDE on my PC has something wrong. As I can not purchase another laptop as a solution, I am looking forward to hearing some help from the community. Please see attachments and provide me some guidance.

Thank you in advance.

stuck_at_initializing.png

11 REPLIES 11
MM..1
Chief II

Try change Debug probe to OCD debuger. Sometimes on some PC require GDB ST server upgrade or reinstall. Hard to solve. Too you can try old IDE clean install (uninstall all prev) for example 1.7.0 and then upgrade.

Next source is java versions and state on your machine... And reboot Windows too if install not request it.

I have tried all the things you suggested. The only difference being is that, the progress was stuck at %51 before, now it is stuck at %52.

I tried 1.7.0, then did upgrade, rebooted my PC... Nothing worked.

Strangely, it all works fine on another PC. I dont know what might be wrong with my PC.

I insalled Keil and CubeMX, both works fine. I can compile, run and debug.

I am also very disappointed that ST Community has never had this issue and unfortunately no help solved my problem.

Thanks for effort.