cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST7789 not working

Linkpad
Associate III

Hi,

I can't get a simple ST7789 screen working I have tried using this library:- https://github.com/Floyd-Fish/ST7789-STM32 double checked all the connections (including external 8MHZ crystal) and all seems to be fine, I have tried various different settings with the SPI and DMA none of which work. Just wondered if anyone here has had a working program? I am using a simple Nucleo STM32F303K8 MCU. All I get is blank screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xisco
Associate III

Hi,

I had a similar problem (unsolved) with this driver on a display 2.0TFTSPI GMT020-02 VER:1.1 240x360px  (you see blank screen and I see only garbage).

There are some things to look:

1. The Driver.

1.1. This driver needs to configure the GPIOs that you use for CS, DC and RST pins.

1.2. This driver needs to configure the resolution, orientation, displacement...

1.3. I had a warning in compilation about varible types.

It was about 1 year ago. Perhaps the driver version is actually different

2. The hardware: In some sites people says that the display need to be mounted on a PCB, without wires

And however, the SPI configuration

I expect I helped you. I tested with two blue pills and three displays, and never worked. I didn't found the correct combination

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Perhaps its the hardware..

Link to a site with the actual screen board you purchased.

Show a wiring diagram of exactly how you've wired that board up.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
xisco
Associate III

Hi,

I had a similar problem (unsolved) with this driver on a display 2.0TFTSPI GMT020-02 VER:1.1 240x360px  (you see blank screen and I see only garbage).

There are some things to look:

1. The Driver.

1.1. This driver needs to configure the GPIOs that you use for CS, DC and RST pins.

1.2. This driver needs to configure the resolution, orientation, displacement...

1.3. I had a warning in compilation about varible types.

It was about 1 year ago. Perhaps the driver version is actually different

2. The hardware: In some sites people says that the display need to be mounted on a PCB, without wires

And however, the SPI configuration

I expect I helped you. I tested with two blue pills and three displays, and never worked. I didn't found the correct combination

Hi Xisco,

Thanks buddy I found these small SPI screens are fussy about how you connect the SPI wires and power wires and best like too use PCB tracks where possible, I changed my jumper connections and the ST7789 sprang to life!