cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search: An internal error occurred during: "File Search Worker".

Mike-Maier_AugWH
Associate
When I execute a text search in the Stm32CubeIDE Version: 1.16.0
Build: 21983_20240628_1741 (UTC) the following error appears:

Problems encountered during text search.
An internal error occurred during: “File Search Worker”.
'byte[] org.eclipse.core.resources.IFile.readNBytes(int)'

The error log then reads:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2024-09-17 08:36:23.077
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “File Search Worker”.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'byte[] org.eclipse.core.resources.IFile.readNBytes(int)'
at org.eclipse.search.internal.core.text.FileCharSequenceProvider.toShortString(FileCharSequenceProvider.java:495)
at org.eclipse.search.internal.core.text.FileCharSequenceProvider.newCharSequence(FileCharSequenceProvider.java:42)
at org.eclipse.search.internal.core.text.TextSearchVisitor$TextSearchJob.processFile(TextSearchVisitor.java:208)
at org.eclipse.search.internal.core.text.TextSearchVisitor$TextSearchJob.run(TextSearchVisitor.java:173)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

This error occurred suddenly

What can do to solve this Problem ?
5 REPLIES 5
fufsuper
Associate

this started happening to me after installing a Copilot plugin from Eclipse marketplace.

Uninstalling the plugin didn't help.

I reinstalled eclipse and this fixed the problem.

hi,

was it this one? https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/copilot4eclipse

i have the same problem, also installed this plugin and it happened all of a sudden. for some time it did work. i did not change anything and *poff* i got this error

i have the same error in another eclipse based IDE (where i also installed this plugin)
in the beginning it worked flawlessly 

Mike-Maier_AugWH
Associate

Ok, I had also installed the Copilot plugin. At the beginning everything worked and then yesterday suddenly this error message when searching.
Now I have reinstalled the CubeIde, but still without Copilot Plugin, at the moment the search function works again.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello

Thanks for posting :).

The copilot plugin for Eclipse is not compatible with the Eclipse CDT version on which STM32CubeIDE is based.

The investigation is ongoing internally and it should be fixed when the Eclipse version used by STM32CubeIDE is upgraded. This will be included in future releases.

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hi,

there was an update from Genuitec. This posting explains the details. With this version it should be fixed

https://github.com/Genuitec/Copilot4Eclipse-community/discussions/23