cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDRAM overflowed

idrissmc
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I faced an error with my .ld file. the .sdram_section will not fit into the SDRAM (8MB)

how to solve this?

thanks

0693W000003POpFQAW.png

18 REPLIES 18

i have to work with this board.. is there any other technique to change some data and don’t get errors?

Record less data.

Spill older data to a file.

Use more efficient data types to hold the data at required precision.

See if there are better ways to represent the data, either holding in raw form, or as delta/differential values where the differences can be held in smaller variables/structures.

Review requirements and approach with the project supervisor, review algorithms and methods.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

You dont show constants , but last definition seems be fail, when RGB_888_BPP is bit per pixel 24 then this is overdefined ...

And too with this you define third buffer for display. TouchGFX can work with only one frame buffer in sdram.

Too you display defs SDRAM_BANK_SIZE + LCD... leave some memory unused between.

@MM..1​ how to define only one buffer? And how I can leave some unused memory between ?

when SDRAM_BANK_SIZE is 2M and your LCD WxHx3 is less then you have unused part in lcd_display_global_memory.

If you use TouchGFX , then config it as single buffer mode in CubeMX or manualy...

I want to use TouchGFX, but I wonder how to connect TouchGFX with the camera, I mean, how the screen will display what’s captured by the camera?

Dont mix apples with pears. Go back to asked SDRAM and open new thread for camera...

How number is your MAX RES and RGB_888_BPP?

MAX_RES_WIDTH : 1080 MAX_RES_HEIGHT:720

RGB_888_BPP: 3

Hmm you need more sdram or any compresion, When your LCD is bigger as 1080x720 and RGB888 then too your read and write buffer is underdim.

When your display have own memory i recommend use partial framebuffer technique ,..

You dont give most info then we cant help better. Bye.