cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDMMC1 SD Card card initialization failure in STM32H757 i-EVAL Board

amirshn
Associate II

Hello,

we bought a STM32H757 i-EVAL and I started to play with it. So I chose the board in STMCUBE MX (version 6.12.0) and selected the default configuration. After compiling code which went well, it got stuck in the MX_SDMMC1_SD_Init function, with the following error: HAL_SD_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_FEATURE,
So after reviewing couple of posts here, i figured out that there is a mistake in auto-generated codes from Cube, so I changed "hsd1.Init.TranceiverPresent " to SDMMC_TRANSCEIVER_PRESENT instead of SDMMC_TRANSCEIVER_NOT_PRESENT. Here Sd init function now:

hsd1.Instance = SDMMC1;
  hsd1.Init.ClockEdge = SDMMC_CLOCK_EDGE_RISING;
  hsd1.Init.ClockPowerSave = SDMMC_CLOCK_POWER_SAVE_DISABLE;
  hsd1.Init.BusWide = SDMMC_BUS_WIDE_4B;
  hsd1.Init.HardwareFlowControl = SDMMC_HARDWARE_FLOW_CONTROL_DISABLE;
  hsd1.Init.ClockDiv = 0;
  hsd1.Init.TranceiverPresent = SDMMC_TRANSCEIVER_PRESENT;

To be honest, it seemed solved the problem but after couple of tests, it again crashes with the same error.
Any help would be highly appreciated. ( I have attached my .ioc file for reference)

Amir

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Try first to run the native example working on STM32H747I-EVAL board provided in the STM32CubeH7 in here: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/STM32H747I-EVAL/Applications/FatFs/FatFs_Dual_Instance

At least to validate your SDcard.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.