cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIC

ajimathew
Associate III

STM32L4P5-DK has 5 external interrupt EXTI0 to EXTI4. Also vector address of all NVIC are given in the user manual. when I see the data stored in the vector address (say 0x0000 0060 for EXTI2) all the NVIC address have same data (i.e.,0xAD230008). May I know why all the data stored in different address are same?NVIC.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The lowest bit set indicates that the branch target address has thumb mode instructions. Always set for that Cortex-M core, ignore.

For details see

March 2020 PM0214 Rev 10 1/262
PM0214
Programming manual
STM32 Cortex® -M4 MCUs and MPUs programming manual

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

The table of all interrupt vectors g_pfnVectors is defined in the startup code startup_stm32l4*.s. Although each handler has a different name in that table like EXTI0_IRQHandler, most have the same default dummy implementation, the Default_Handler.

.weak	EXTI1_IRQHandler
	.thumb_set EXTI1_IRQHandler,Default_Handler

Only if you use an interrupt, say by activating EXTI1 in STM32CubeMX, a specific handler is generated in stm32l4xx_it.c which overrides the default (weak) handler. In addition, HAL often uses the same code for different instances of a peripheral and branches internally.

You see the address of the Default_Handler in all unused interrupt vector slots.

hth

KnarfB

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

,0xAD230008

The value should be read as 0x080023AD. And the address is 080023AC (guess why?)

why is that so..data+1= address?

The lowest bit set indicates that the branch target address has thumb mode instructions. Always set for that Cortex-M core, ignore.

For details see

March 2020 PM0214 Rev 10 1/262
PM0214
Programming manual
STM32 Cortex® -M4 MCUs and MPUs programming manual

hth

KnarfB