cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No st link connected

Ax111_
Associate II

I have st-link v2 with Firmware version V2J39S7.

I have been trying to debug through STM32 cube ide but it says " NO ST-LINK DETECTED".

I have also tried via Cube programmer and updated the stlink but still of no use. Have done the boot thing too.0693W00000Nq5d4QAB.pngCould anyone say whats possibly going wrong.

18 REPLIES 18
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Try to think where you last saw it ...

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Is it connected to the Host computer?

Does the Status LED light correctly on the ST-Link?

What computer is it - Windows? Mac? Linux? a VM? other ... ?

Does the PC detect it; eg, on Windows:

0693W00000Nq5kPQAR.png

hello, i am using windows and it is being detected under Universal serial like you mentioned in your picture

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

It seems to be looking for an ST-Link with the Serial Number 'U':

0693W00000Nq5koQAB.pngThat's not a valid serial number - check your debug configuration!

See below - check your ST-Link Serial Number in the debug configuration ...

i have tried with the SN number of ST link and everytime it shows me this:0693W00000Nq5pAQAR.png

It's telling you that the ST-Link is stuck in Upgrade mode:

0693W00000Nq5qDQAR.png 

ie, it started doing an upgrade, but it failed.

What happens if you hit 'Open in update mode' again?

This is probably best done in the Cube Programmer - rather than trying to do it from the IDE while it's trying to start a debug session ...

BTW, the IDE Serial Number ("SN", or "S/N") setting is here:

0693W00000Nq5rGQAR.pngjust uncheck the box if you don't need to specify a particular ST-Link.

i have tried with Cube programmer as well 0693W00000Nq5yRQAR.png and in the Cube ide, if I "open in update mode"

0693W00000Nq5z5QAB.png I have tried every possible combinations from past week but could not get down to a solution.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Ax111_​ ,

Several hints are provided in the article How to solve debugger connection issues?

Keep us informed. If problem is resolved, please precise which hint helped you.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.