cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a Cube32IDE error message

RCooke88
Senior

Hi Folks,

I don't know what I did but the IDE is giving me a error message that I've never seen before. Here's a screen capture of the messages. It's saying that "_close is not implemented and will always fail". Is there a Project|Properties that I need to change?  Thanks, Richard

error_msg.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The question has already been discussed a few times in the community, e.g. here, where HBoss.1 has shown a very simple solution.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The question has already been discussed a few times in the community, e.g. here, where HBoss.1 has shown a very simple solution.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
RCooke88
Senior

Thanks Peter,

So, if I'm reading the proposed solution correctly, I'll need to step back to version 1.13.1. Currently I'm running 1.13.2.

So I should step back to 1.13.1?

Thanks again,

Richard

RCooke88
Senior

Peter,

I went ahead and stepped back to 1.13.1 and I have the same issue. I get the same 4 error messages.

You wouldn't have a plan B would you?

Thanks again,

Richard

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, you don't have to (and shouldn't) go back to an old version. As I said, someone in the thread mentioned above has already found a solution (the one I mentioned before also works, but does not eliminate the cause):

• create a new project with 1.13.1 (or the most recent version of STM32CubeIDE)
  • grab the files syscalls.c and sysmem.c from Core/Src
  • add those files to your existing project

Regards
/Peter