cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My imported project build fails, how to fix it?

SidPrice
Associate III

I have imported an STM32 project, created and debugged in the past using STM32CubeIDE. When I try to build this project in VSCode I see:

Executing task: Build 

build task started....

"C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.EXE" --build "D:/DataRoot/Projects/IO Technologies/IHP Controller/build/debug/build"

The parameter is incorrect

CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: && 

build finished with error(s).

No changes were made to the imported project.

Please advise how to proceed.

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
robotdad
Associate III

This looks like it might be an issue with our integration of vcpkg with the Embedded Tools extension. Can you report this here so we can dig into it?

https://github.com/microsoft/vscode-embedded-tools/issues

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Pavel A.
Evangelist III
SidPrice
Associate III

Yes, I followed the getting started instructions for the extension.

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

could you try a path without spaces

SidPrice
Associate III

Hello,

I suspect the issue is some kind of extension conflict in VSCode. I have created a profile that has just the STM32Cube extension and I then tried to open an existing local project, one without spaces in the path/name. When it is loaded I see the following:

> Using vcpkg executable at "c:\Users\sidpr\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode.vscode-embedded-tools-0.6.0-win32-x64\assets\platform\win32-x64\vcpkg.exe".
> Using VCPKG_ROOT at "c:\Users\sidpr\AppData\Roaming\Code\User\globalStorage\ms-vscode.vscode-embedded-tools\vcpkg\root".
> Activating environment at "d:\DataRoot\Projects\MorningClock2\MorningClock_v3_stm32g070KBT\vcpkg-configuration.json".
> Version of vcpkg used to create VCPKG_ROOT: "2023-01-24-8a88d63f241d391772fbde69af9cab96c3c64c75".
> Running vcpkg with arguments ["version"].
vcpkg package management program version 2023-01-24-8a88d63f241d391772fbde69af9cab96c3c64c75

See LICENSE.txt for license information.
> Bundled version of vcpkg: "2023-01-24-8a88d63f241d391772fbde69af9cab96c3c64c75".
> Running vcpkg with arguments ["activate","--project","d:\\DataRoot\\Projects\\MorningClock2\\MorningClock_v3_stm32g070KBT","--json","C:\\Users\\sidpr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\683d8a9626f4c240dfe9f4dd00dd0172"].
warning: vcpkg-ce ('configure environment') is experimental and may change at any time.
read_contents("C:\Users\sidpr\AppData\Roaming\Code\User\globalStorage\ms-vscode.vscode-embedded-tools\vcpkg\root\scripts\vcpkgTools.xml"): no such file or directory
> Failed with exit code "1".
> Failed to activate environment at "d:\DataRoot\Projects\MorningClock2\MorningClock_v3_stm32g070KBT\vcpkg-configuration.json".

Sid

SidPrice
Associate III

@Nawres GHARBI​ Any suggests please, I am totally unable to use this extension :(

robotdad
Associate III

This looks like it might be an issue with our integration of vcpkg with the Embedded Tools extension. Can you report this here so we can dig into it?

https://github.com/microsoft/vscode-embedded-tools/issues

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

seems that vcpkg is not activated, are you on a secure/business lan?

CsBe
Associate II

I have the same problem with vcpkg. (network: secure/business lan)

SidPrice
Associate III

Please see the reply from @robotdad​