cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing PWR peripheral registers in stm32g051 svd file

PMZ
Associate III

I've checked in svd version 1.4 : the PWR resisters are missing, just like the exti registers in this post : Solved: No GPIO registers in System Viewer drop down menu ... - STMicroelectronics Community

@Imen.D Can you make a version 1.5  ?

There are also unusual characters in some descriptions. Look at :

<name>ADRDY</name>
<description>ADC ready
This bit is set by hardware after the ADC has been enabled (ADEN = 1) and when the ADC reaches a state where it is ready to accept conversion requests.
It is cleared by software writing 1 to it.</description>

Regards, 

PMZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @PMZ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Thank you for having reported this issue.

I escalated this request in internal ticket (ID 165369) in order to fix this issue.

(PS: ID 165369 is only for reference, not available outside of ST)

Thanks for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @PMZ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Thank you for having reported this issue.

I escalated this request in internal ticket (ID 165369) in order to fix this issue.

(PS: ID 165369 is only for reference, not available outside of ST)

Thanks for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
PMZ
Associate III

Hello, thanks for that quick update.

By the way, today I noticed that MCU core registers are also missing : control, SCB, MPU, NVIC, and STK.
I can see them in the stm32cubeIde, but not the svd I can find in the software directories.

Can you also add these ?

Regards,

Pierre

Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi Pierre,

I can answer you regarding this point.

We no longer support MCU core registers in our SVD files as they can be part of the IDE in use (IAR,Keil,CubeIDE, etc...).

It did create confusion in the past weather the user is using the MCU registers view integrated in the IDE or from SVD file, so we are now sticking to supporting only IPs related to STM32 products in our SVD files.

For the other points we will take into consideration and release an updated version ASAP that my colleague can share with you later.

Thank you for your feedback,

KR,

Imen

There is a paradox in your first sentence :

We no longer support MCU core registers in our SVD files as they can be part of the IDE in use (IAR,Keil,CubeIDE, etc...).

Isn't ST Microelectronics in charge of developing CubeIDE ?

So, from your own words, shouldn't you provide Core registers SVD ?

Or at least a reference to, maybe, ARM ?

Regards,

Pierre