cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWIP Raw API connection to a server aborted after 19 seconds on Nucleo-F767ZI board

Chao
Senior

Hi,

I have configured an ethernet application with LWIP and without OS using RAW API, the connection to a server running on a net assistant tool keeps aborting after 19 seconds of running.

With DHCP disabled, the application's ip address is configured to 192.168.3.168, while the server is running with ip address of 192.168.3.40 and port of 5189. The pings to the both ip addresses are OK, the server can be connected from another PC with ip address of 192.168.3.127.

The execution sequence of the code is as below:

tcp_err(pcb, TcpErrorCallBack);

tcp_sent(pcb, TcpSentCallBack);

tcp_recv(pcb, TcpRecvedCallBack);

tcp_poll(pcb, TcpPollCallBack, 10);

tcp_bind(pcb, &localAddr, 0);

err_t err = tcp_connect(pcb, &remoteAddr, remotePort, TcpConnectedCallBack);

The callback function TcpConnectedCallBack() never gets called, and the application has never connected to the server.  tcp_poll() is used to execute tcp_connect() every 5 seconds. After the first execution of tcp_connect, all other executions of tcp_connect returns -10 (Conn already established). Sometimes, the first execution of tcp_connect returns -4 (Routing problem). Each time when the first execution of tcp_connect returns ERR_OK,the TcpErrorCallBack gets called with error code of -13(Connection aborted) 19 seconds after its running with following call stack trace:

Chao_0-1709938239733.png

The tcp_pcb used for tcp_connect has the following contents after the execution of tcp_connect:

Chao_1-1709938584864.png

When tracking down the execution of tcp_connect, I got this:

Chao_3-1709938917622.png

It seems there are incoming data packets:

Chao_4-1709939003927.png

Having done some experiments, I found whether or not I use tcp_poll or tcp_bind, they all do not make difference.

The main.c which includes all the application code attached. The ioc file is also attached.

After 10 hours debugging, I am nearly desperate about this, so please help!

Regards

Chao

E:\SLC\Designs\Software\STM32\TcpF767ZI\Core\Src\main.c 

E:\SLC\Designs\Software\STM32\TcpF767ZI\TcpF767ZI.ioc 

15 REPLIES 15
Chao
Senior

Sorry, this is my first time to attach file, and just found the way to attach files.

The typical print of the execution process:

Chao_0-1709940314785.png

The ticks are the elapsetime in second since the application starts running.

Someguy
Associate III

I am working on LwIP on a STM32F767 without an OS as well.

I am trying to use UDP.  I'm still working on it.  Nothing to report yet.  Shouldn't be long though.

I would like to use LwIP sockets, because I have used them successfully on other platforms. 

Could you do me a favor ?  Could you go to Inc/lwipopts.h and change LWIP_SOCKET from 0 to 1 and try to build it ?  Mine has about 20 build errors.  What happens when you try to build with LWIP_SOCKET set to 1 ?

I'll have a look at your code and post back in a bit. 

Please send me your  MX_LWIP_Init() file.  I want to see what it looks like without dhcp_start(&gnetif).  I am using DHCP.   I don't want to set up a new project with your .ioc yet.   

Someguy
Associate III

Ignore.

I think you are not supposed to do it manually, and we can only use Raw API without OS. My lwlp.c is attached.

LwIP sockets work great in ESP32.   Why could/would they not work well in STM32 ?   

Plain sockets are a great way to connect to an http client's web socket.

It's the weekend here.  I'll look at your code when I get back to work.

This issue is still unresolved, the number of views on this post is over 80, and any suggestions or comments would be highly appreciated.

We successfully ran an LWIP+RTOS http server example on this Nucleo board 2 weeks ago, so the board itself shouldn't have any problem. Today, I checked the code for initialization and that in while(1) loop in main.c against two Cube examples targeted on different boards, I didn't see any difference. I did a reset on LWIP configuration, then disabled DHCP, chose Lan8742 in Platform Settings, enabled LWIP_RAW APIs, and changed nothing else, I got the same result: the server running in a socket tool did not show any new connection, and the F767's Tcp connection was aborted after 19 seconds. I created 2 breakpoints, one at the end of HAL_ETH_Transmit( ),  the other at the end of  HAL_ETH_ReadData( ), do the following two figures show the SYN packet was successfully sent out and 60 bytes were received? 

Chao_0-1710016430061.png

Chao_1-1710016444725.png

The comments on tcp_connect( ) explains it as follow:

"If the connection could not be properly established, either because the other host refused the connection or because the other host didn't answer

Anyone knows which one applies to my case and why?

Chao