cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudo for Company support. Moving to Nordic Semiconductor!

GS2
Associate II

Kudo for Company support. Moving to Nordic Semiconductor!

10 REPLIES 10

It's been my experience that you need to be doing a lot of business for a multi-billion dollar corporation to take any time out of their schedule to solve third party development projects, in their own business space.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@GS2 wrote:

Kudo for Company support. 

What does that mean?

Thank you Andrew. Only from you I got a real support. If you look at Error in building BLE_HID_Mouse example. you will see that nobody can help me with fixing the bug. I have chosen your company because I thought you have well developed software - STM32CubeIDE. But it is still in process of patching the bugs and there is no ware to find latest version 1.16 for download! BLE_HID sample description is insufficient. I did not find any tutorial with step by step instructions. So I have no chose, but to try similar product from Nordic Semiconductor - BL651 nRF52810. Thank again.

So I still don't see what you mean by, "Kudo for Company support"?

"Kudo" means "compliment" or "praise" - which seems the opposite of what you're saying?

🤔

@GS2 wrote:

If you look at Error in building BLE_HID_Mouse example. you will see that nobody can help me with fixing the bug. n.

On the contrary: you can see that @Imen.D has confirmed it as a bug, and that the developers are working on it.

@GS2 wrote:

I have chosen your company .

It's not my company!

@GS2 wrote:

BLE_HID sample description is insufficient..

You did seem to miss some rather obvious details from the documentation; eg,

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-boards-and-hardware/ble-samples-hardware-configuration/m-p/689928/highlight/true#M19830

I'm a real newbie to the STM32 family, and it's been many a year since I did low-level coding (I was doing IC co-development of LED drivers, [STLED25, LP5523] for some years, but MC6801/09/HC11, MC68030, indicate my early days), but it looks to me that, between folks like you, and STM, there's quite good support, especially considering the breadth of the product line...so, a real "Kudo" from me!

Hi Andrew,

1. So I still don't see what you mean by, "Kudo for Company support"? --
"Kudo for Company support" - was a sarcasm (for employees support)

2. you can see that @Imen.D has confirmed it as a bug, and that the developers are working on it. --
No, he told me that I am using wrong version.

3. You did seem to miss some rather obvious details from the documentation; eg, --
I was using sample for NUCLEO-WB55RG with NUCLEO-WB55RG STM32WB55, not
STM32WBA55G-DK1 with STM32WBA55CGU7.

Also, I thought that in BLE_HID_Mouse example, I will be able to connect wired mouse to NUCLEO-WB55RG and that mouse will work after loading the code from BLE_HID_Mouse example!

4. I did not find any tutorial with step by step instructions for BLE_HID_Mouse example, sample hardware configuration and final goal. Of cause, this is too much for a multi-billion dollar corporation!

Thanks again, will miss charting with you.

@GS2 wrote:

2. you can see that @Imen.D has confirmed it as a bug, and that the developers are working on it. --
No, he told me that I am using wrong version.

You've missed the latest post, then:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/error-in-building-ble-hid-mouse-example/m-p/689937/highlight/true#M28355

@GS2 wrote:

Also, I thought that in BLE_HID_Mouse example, I will be able to connect wired mouse .

What made you think that?

christelle burguera
ST Employee

Hello,

FYI, this issue is fixed and will be available through the next release: 1.16.0.

It'll be available very soon, in coming days.

Best regards

Thank you Christelle.

I am just wondering - that nobody else was using this example for a few years?