cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about IO-Link device development

lucas-liu
Associate II

We are an industrial automation company from Suzhou, China, and we want to develop an IO-Link device product recently.

We want to adopt the STEVAL-IDP003V1 + TeConcept solution.

But I don't know how to get this support, such as how to buy the STEVAL-IDP003V1 kit? How to buy TeConcept device stack and debugging tools?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @lucas-liu, to the community!

STMicroelectronics does not offer a stack itself and works together with its partner TEConcept, which has also developed one for STM32. So if you want to work with IO-LINK, the easiest way is to license the software from TEConcept, where you can also get the support.

The kit STEVAL-IDP003V1 is available also from our online store.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @lucas-liu, to the community!

STMicroelectronics does not offer a stack itself and works together with its partner TEConcept, which has also developed one for STM32. So if you want to work with IO-LINK, the easiest way is to license the software from TEConcept, where you can also get the support.

The kit STEVAL-IDP003V1 is available also from our online store.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Maybe have a look at the IO Link "Competency Matrix":

https://io-link.com/en/WirUeberUns/competencyMatrix_new.php?thisID=43

eg, companies providing Device Stacks:

AndrewNeil_0-1711044837459.png

Training & Workshops:

AndrewNeil_1-1711044959364.png

Thanks! 

If I buy STEVAL-IDP003V1 kit from your online store, can you ship it to China?

and do I need to purchase a stack software license from TEConcept during the development phase?

Thanks. 

I would like to ask: I currently want to develop an IO-Link device product, which company's solution is better?

I am extremely sorry, but only the online store can make statements about delivery countries.

The UM2232, section 2 explains the license conditions for the version contained in the STEVAL-IDP004V2 and STEVAL-IDP003V1.

Regards
/Peter

@lucas-liu wrote:

which company's solution is better?

I have no idea.

That depends very much on what, exactly, are your particular requirements for "better"

EDIT:

Contact details for TEConcept:

https://www.teconcept.de/en/kontakt/

Perhaps you should contact them to discuss your particular application & support requirements?

Maybe also contact some of the other suppliers?