cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STlink v2 live debugger does not capture COM port

cjaya.2
Associate II

Hi,

I have written application using visual studio C#. And I send commands through the COM port from my Visual Studio application to my STM32 board. There is a bit of strangeness, when I run the live debugger using STlink V2 with STM32CubeIDE I can see the command come through the receiver buffer and my board responds to that command. But when I dont use the live debugger, I cant see the command come through the COM port and my board does not respond to do anything.

I have set of commands that control certain things to do on the board. How can I track whether the command sending through the COM port. Is there possibility COM port is stuck or hanging with command. 

1 REPLY 1

Not sure how we're going to diagnose this with the information provided.

Is your board starting properly in the non-debugged case? Can you toggle an LED as a signs-of-life indication? How about another LED for each character received?

How about another UART that's independent of the debugger/ST-LINK that can output diagnostic and telemetry information as you instrument your code.

Is the BOOT0 pin pulled LOW ? Is your code running at all? Is it crashing in Error_Handler() or HardFault_Handler() ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..