cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STM32CubeIDE including a simulator in the debug mode?

Zenk91
Associate II

Hi,

I am approaching for the first time with STM32nucleo board and I am using STM32CubeIde. The debug tool provides a simulator to test if the firmware is working properly? I mean a simulation tool like that of MPLAB IDE for PIC microcontrollers which provides a simulation tool in the debug mode. Thank you very much.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
S.Ma
Principal

Microcontrollers are deeply embedded and close to input and output stimulus, unless debugging pure sw algo, which points to matlab, running code in ddbug mode onto a nucleo board brings you closer to reality, power condumption, profiling, wcet, esd and emi rating, etc....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

No. You may attach one of the many cheap Nucleo boards or check out Keil MDK software.

hth

KnarfB

S.Ma
Principal

Microcontrollers are deeply embedded and close to input and output stimulus, unless debugging pure sw algo, which points to matlab, running code in ddbug mode onto a nucleo board brings you closer to reality, power condumption, profiling, wcet, esd and emi rating, etc....

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Zenk91​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

In fact, I agree with @KnarfB​  and @S.Ma​  response.

I only want to point to another alternative. QEMU offer some sort of simulator for CortexM. You can find more details on there web site.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Zenk91
Associate II

Thanks to all of you for your answers. After trying to work with this board, I realised that effectively it's more immediate to test the firmware with a physical board instead of performing simulations.

Regards.