cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import SW44STM32 project into workspace and build this project using command line stm32cubeide

SRamn.1
Associate

Hello,

I've been trying to import and build an example project using the stm32cubeide for linux. I installed the STM32cubeide from the command line by downloading the stm32cubeide for Linux, and running the installer.

I also installed STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.0 code repository.

I want to import the following example project into a workspace - in order to do this, I ran the following commands:

# make the workspace
$ mkdir /home/embedded/blinky

# import project into workspace 
$ /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.3.0# ./stm32cubeide -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data /home/embedded/blinky/ -importAll /opt/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.0/Projects/NUCLEO-L496ZG/Examples/GPIO/GPIO_IOToggle/SW4STM32

Opening 'STM32L496ZG_NUCLEO'.
Saving workspace.

# build the project
/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.3.0# ./stm32cubeide -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data /home/embedded/blinky/ -build all
Building All Projects...
Building workspace
Building '/STM32L496ZG_NUCLEO'
Managed Build system manifest file error: Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.prefix.364473244 uses a null category that is invalid in its context. The option was ignored.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.mcu.589918061 uses a null category that is invalid in its context. The option was ignored.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.board.146142479 uses a null category that is invalid in its context. The option was ignored.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.instructionSet.1432409052 uses a null category that is invalid in its context. The option was ignored.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.fpu.101532762 uses a null category that is invalid in its context. The option was ignored.

Managed Build system manifest file error: Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.floatabi.1720141324 uses a null category that is invalid in its context. The option was ignored.

**** Build of configuration Debug for project STM32L496ZG_NUCLEO ****

Nothing to build for project STM32L496ZG_NUCLEO
Invoking scanner config builder on project 
Saving workspace.

The project that was imported was STM32L496ZG_NUCLEO, and in the Actual STM32CubeIDE GUI when i import a project I need to import the ac6 SW4STM32 project which is one level up from this.

As such, I am unable to import the project in the correct way to be able to build this example project from the command line in Linux.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> The project that was imported was STM32L496ZG_NUCLEO, and in the Actual STM32CubeIDE GUI ...  I need to import the ac6 SW4STM32 project

Are you confusing two meanings of the word "import"?

Before the headless build in Eclipse can work, you need to convert SW4STM projects into CubeIDE.

This can be done AFAIK only in the CubeIDE GUI.

After conversion, some manual fixes may be need to build successfully.

The headless "import" command in CubeIDE works only with projects already converted to CubeIDE.

-- pa

I didn't understand. How should I go about importing an example project through command line if I need to use the CubeIDE GUI first to convert into a form that can be processed via command line?

First, you convert SW4STM projects to CubeIDE, manually, with the CubeIDE GUI.

Please see the CubeIDE user guide for details.

After conversion, build and fix until it builds successfully.

Then you can use the "headless" CubeIDE script to rebuild the converted projects.

You don't use the "headless" script on the original SW4STM projects.

-- pa