cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to receive the STM32U575 SBSFU available source code.

Debugger
Associate

Nice to meet you.
If you download and check the en.stm32cubeu5-v1-5-0.zip file (including patch), an example for STM32U585 SBSFU is included. I changed the source code for U585 to U575 according to the 'readme.htmi' instructions, but the build does not work properly and an error occurs.
For IAR IDE:

1- Go to "Options" and select "General Options" then in the "Target" field Select "device" to choose your device.

2- Go to "Options" and select "C/C++ Compiler" then "Preprocessor" tab and change the compilation symbol (STM32U5A5xx, STM32U5A9xx, STM32U545xx or STM32U5G9xx instead of STM32U585xx).

3- Go to "Options" and select "Build Actions" then in the "Prebuild command line" field change the compilation symbol (STM32U5A5xx, STM32U5A9xx, STM32U545xx or STM32U5G9xx instead of STM32U585xx).
If you look at the content above, STM32U585xx is mentioned, but STM32U575xx is not. So, is it impossible to change it for STM32U575xx?
If I can't change it, I'd like to get a concise example of STM32U575xx SBSFU. please.
thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Florian LR
ST Employee

Hello @Debugger, and welcome STCommunity, 

The SBSFU is not available for STM32U575 because it doesn't have any encryption accelerator engine. That's why it is not on the list that you found (STM32U5A5xx, STM32U5A9xx, STM32U545xx or STM32U5G9xx instead of STM32U585xx). You need to use crypto parts to use the SBSFU, that's why I advise you to use the STM32U585 which has encryption accelerator engine while being the closest to STM32U575.

For the reasons mentioned above, we can't deliver any example of STM32U575xx SBSFU.

I hope this helped you, 

Best Regards, 

Florian LR

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your answer.
In the case of X-CUBE-SBSFU, STM32F4xx series without encryption acceleration engine is also capable of SBSFU. Can't the same functionality be implemented in the same way as XCUBE-SBSFU?
And the data sheet says TrustZone support, but is there a way to use STM32Trust?
All we need is a secure (or encrypted) bootloader + a secure (or encrypted) firmware update for the STM32U575xx.
Is there another way to use a third party's 'wolfBoot'?
Also, is it possible to easily change the already completed firmware of STM32U575xx to STM32U585xx?
Please give me a detailed answer.
thank you.

Regarding the X-Cube SBSFU, it provides dedicated middleware for each series, including dedicated cryptography firmware libraries that won't work with STM32U5xx, and won't be ported to STM32U5xx.

What are you exactly defining by using STM32Trust? It's a solution providing different functions which are not available on each products. Among these solutions are the SBSFU available on STM32U585 as we discussed.

For more detailed information related to the content available on STM32U5 series, please refer to the STM32Trust page.

Regarding wolfBoot, yes it can be used on the STM32U5 series, you can find here the first of 4 videos related to wolfBoot and STM32, including presentation, solutions comparison, and an example on STM32U5 series.

Yes you can easily port your code from STM32U575 to STM32U585, the main difference is that the STM32U585 is crypto parts, and not STM32U575.

Best Regards,

Florian LR