cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot manage software packs nor generate code under Ubuntu

Richard107
Associate

Hello,

I have installed STM32CubeIDE v1.15.1 on Ubuntu 22.04 (from debian bundle archive 21094_20240412_1041).

First, the Linux terminal shows a periodic error, not correlated to any user action, and which I suppose is not related with the other problems (see points 1 and 2 below) :

Jun 11, 2024 1:21:25 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences checkLockFile0ErrorCode
WARNING: Could not lock System prefs. Unix error code 0.
Jun 11, 2024 1:21:25 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences syncWorld
WARNING: Couldn't flush system prefs: java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException: Couldn't get file lock.

1) I created a project and then tried to launch the "Manage software packs" utility by clicking in the "Software Packs" menu or with shortcut "ALT+U" but nothing happens (no window displayed), no error is displayed in the terminal.

2) I tried to generate the code of the project with "Project-Generate Code" or "ALT-K", a pop-up is briefly displayed but no code is generated and the following errors are displayed in the terminal :

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.teamdev.jxbrowser.browser.Browser.mainFrame()" because "this.browser" is null
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.userauth.WebApp.isAuthenticated(WebApp.java:638)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.userauth.UserAuth.handleAuthentication(UserAuth.java:477)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.userauth.UserAuth.getSpecificTask(UserAuth.java:269)
at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.MainProjectManager$3.onCommandEntered(MainProjectManager.java:232)
at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.onCommandEntered(CommandLineManager.java:180)
at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.runCommand(CommandLineManager.java:198)
at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.runCommand(CommandLineManager.java:214)
at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.runCommand(CommandLineManager.java:381)
at com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.editor.CubeMxEditor$24.run(CubeMxEditor.java:2431)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

I tried to do the same with IDE launched under "root" user but I got the same results

Anyone knows what's going on, please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard107
Associate

I finally found the problem cause : my Ubuntu install lacked the package "libnss3".

To discover this, which is not reported by CubeIDE, I installed CubeMX, which showed to have the same problem (package management window won't appear) but do reports the missing packages (only libnss3 is needed as the other missing packages are installed automatically with it).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jacob WOODRUFF
ST Employee

Hi All,

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance. We'll contact you directly.

Regards,
Jake

ST Support

Richard107
Associate

I finally found the problem cause : my Ubuntu install lacked the package "libnss3".

To discover this, which is not reported by CubeIDE, I installed CubeMX, which showed to have the same problem (package management window won't appear) but do reports the missing packages (only libnss3 is needed as the other missing packages are installed automatically with it).