cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open Keil Project to STM32cube IDE?

TReaz.1
Associate II

I am not a programmer and beginner in Embedded software, I recieve a keil project from another person. I need to change some parameters in the project. I have STM32cube IDE with debugger. So how to open the keil project with its file to STM32cube IDE and create the project as STM32cube project and download to ucontroller?

It would be nice each step explanation , screenshot if needed. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TReaz.1​ 

As mentioned by my colleague @KHALSI_Foued​  the only way is to create a project based on the same MCU and copy the code manually.

Make sure after adding new files to add the header files to the include path settings.

You can access this parameters by right click on the project the properties:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhejeQAA.png 

Or the easier way is to right click on the new folder containing header files and select "Add/remove include path..."

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhekSQAQ.png 

Hope this reply help you migrating your project.

BR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @TReaz.1​ ,

Open STM32CubeIDE. Start a new STM32 project and choose your MCU.

Now, you can generate the code then copy the source and the include files from Keil project and paste in the new STM32CubeIde project .

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@TReaz.1​ STM32CubeIDE cannot open Keil projects directly. Your next steps depend on the STM32 model. If it is Cortex-M0 (STM32F0, STM32G0, L0...): download the free Keil IDE from here and use it. It comes with its own debugger.

If this is other STM32 (F1, F4, F3...) , get a time-limited evaluation version from Keil (may need to contact a local Keil distributor) and use it to make your change.

Conversion of a Keil project to CubeIDE, as Foued explained, requires a programmer.

TReaz.1
Associate II

@KHALSI_Foued​  @Pavel A.​ 

FYI

I am using STM32L041G6 which is a ultra-low- power 32-bit MCU ARM®-based Cortex®-M0+

Ok then get that free Keil version and enjoy!

Thank you, but I do not want to use Keil debugger, I want to use IDE and debegger from STEM32Cube, Is it possible?

Hello @TReaz.1​ 

As mentioned by my colleague @KHALSI_Foued​  the only way is to create a project based on the same MCU and copy the code manually.

Make sure after adding new files to add the header files to the include path settings.

You can access this parameters by right click on the project the properties:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhejeQAA.png 

Or the easier way is to right click on the new folder containing header files and select "Add/remove include path..."

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhekSQAQ.png 

Hope this reply help you migrating your project.

BR,

Semer.