cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force include path update ?

FTouq.1
Associate II

Hello,

I use STMCube IDE v1.3.0 Build: 5720_20200220_1053 (UTC)

When building, the include path are not updated with the include path properties.

I notice this mis-alignement is caused in the cproject :

include path are correct here :

<option IS_BUILTIN_EMPTY="false" IS_VALUE_EMPTY="false" id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.compiler.option.includepaths.26262030" name="Include paths (-I)" superClass="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.compiler.option.includepaths" useByScannerDiscovery="false" valueType="includePath">

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Users/fto/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1/Drivers/CMSIS/Include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Users/fto/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Users/fto/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Users/fto/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32L4xx/Include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc/Acc"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc/AlgoItf"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc/Bluetooth"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc/Button"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc/Flash"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc/ISL"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc/Ouput"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc/PwrMgmt"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32L4xx/Include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Drivers/CMSIS/Include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l443xx/V1.11.0/Inc/"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l443xx/V1.11.0/Inc/Legacy"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/btpskrnl"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/btpsvend"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/btvs"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/hcitrans.dma"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/profiles/AUDIO/include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/profiles/A2DP/include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/profiles/AVCTP/include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/profiles/AVRCP/include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/profiles/GAVD/include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/profiles/HDSET/include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Librairies/Bluetopia/profiles/HFRE_16/include"/>

</option>

But are not aligned there :

<tool id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.compiler.1351960159" name="MCU GCC Compiler" superClass="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.compiler.1486773777">

<option IS_BUILTIN_EMPTY="false" IS_VALUE_EMPTY="false" id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.compiler.option.includepaths.175873836" name="Include paths (-I)" superClass="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.compiler.option.includepaths" useByScannerDiscovery="false" valueType="includePath">

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Users/fto/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1/Drivers/CMSIS/Include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Users/fto/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Users/fto/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Users/fto/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32L4xx/Include"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/Acc"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/AlgoItf"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/Bluetooth"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/Button"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/Flash"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/ISL"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/Output"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="C:/Travail/Projets/ComCom/EclipseWorkspaces/STMCube_TPGE/ComCom/Core/Inc/PwrMgmt"/>

</option>

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

Generally, if you clean and rebuild a project, everything gets updated.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
FTouq.1
Associate II

Thank you for your answer, but this is not the case. When building what I can see in the log, the include path are not what I set in the property window of STMCubeIDE. (Under Properties -> C/C++ Build -> settings -> Tool Setting tab -> MCU GCC compiler -> Include Path).

In the logs, following arm-none-eabi-gcc command, the arguments after -I are not what I set.

From what I see, the cproject contains 2 sections for the include path. This is was I wrote before.

The first section correspond to what I set in the window properties.

The second section correspond to what is used when I compile. It contains the resolved paths. But the resolved paths does not correspond to the relative path.

There is a mismatch somewhere cause by STMCubeIDE

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Please could you share your full .cproject ?

I may only based on your limited current sharing advice to take care about build configuration you're relying on. Possibly doing some include path settings for one but building a second ...

I'm thinking to such because according your extract both are not related to same build configuration because IDs are not same here after:

+ id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.compiler.option.includepaths.175873836"

+ id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.compiler.option.includepaths.26262030"

FTouq.1
Associate II

Thank you for helping.

Here is my .cproject file.

FTouq.1
Associate II

Indeed there is something odd with the folderInfo xml tag.

It is like I have a folder which is not part of the project and have a different configuration.

How can I align this folder with all the project ?

FTouq.1
Associate II

I found the problem.

I don't why but one of my folder had a different configuration than the project.

To fix this, I right click on the folder with the problem, then select Ressources configuration then click Reset to default.

@Cartu38 OpenDev​ Thank you for your answer which lead me to the path of solving.