cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download and use STM32 Standard Peripheral Libraries (for example: stm32f10x_rcc) instead HAL libraries?

SegmentFault
Associate II

Hello,

When I create a new project in STM32CubeIDE, automatically it downloads all HAL libraries (for examples: stm32f1xx_hal_rcc or stm32f1xx_hal_tim) but I want to use the STM32 Standard Peripheral Libraries (for example: stm32f10x_rcc or stm32f10x_tim). So the question is how can I ask STM32CubeIDE to download these libraries and use it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

You need to download them manually and add them to your project. STM32CubeMX code generation doesn't support the old SPL libraries.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

You need to download them manually and add them to your project. STM32CubeMX code generation doesn't support the old SPL libraries.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TDK
Guru

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32-standard-peripheral-libraries.html

Yes, will need to construct your own projects, pretty sure CubeIDE isn't going to provide templates. The SPL will likely have GNU/GCC examples for old/deprecated IDE, might be able to port those.

Could perhaps create a makefile to build.

Probably going to need to DIY as ST's abandoned it, and the F1's are 12+ years old.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SegmentFault
Associate II

Thank to all replies.

Finally, I downloaded the SPL library and load it into STM32CubeIDE. I modified the include paths (to add the paths related to SPL and to remove the paths related to HAL) and now it compile with SPL.

Thanks again